Already have an account?
We accept fiction and nonfiction submissions online. For poetry submissions, and how to submit prose by mail, please follow the instructions at https://thesouthernreview.org/submissions/.
There is a $3 service charge for online submissions. This service charge will be waived during University Press Week, November 6-11, 2017. There is no fee for hard copy mail submissions.
Please read our complete submission guidelines. To learn more about the kinds of work we publish, visit our website, thesouthernreview.org, read a recent issue, or subscribe today.
We consider unpublished work only. Simultaneous submissions are permissible, but please notify us immediately if the piece is accepted elsewhere.
- Fill in all of your contact information. If you are submitting work for someone else, fill in your contact info and fill in the name of the person your are submitting for in the “writer name” field.
- Fill in the title of the work you are submitting.
- Select genre from the dropdown menu.
- Use the Chose File button to find the file on your computer that you would like to submit. We accept DOC, DOCX, PDF, RTF, and TXT files.
Select the file and click on the Open button. Your file will then appear in the file field. You may only upload one file per submission.
- Please use the comments field to post a brief cover letter, then click Submit.
- You will then have the option to review your information and confirm that it is correct. Hit Continue.
- You will be redirected to a payment page, which will prompt you to enter your credit card information for the $3 online service charge.